Baltimore's Memorial Stadium formerly stood on 33rd Street on an oversized block (officially designated as Venable Park, a former city park from the 1920s). Two different stadiums were located here, a 1922 version known as "Baltimore Stadium", or "Municipal Stadium", or sometimes 'Venable Stadium', and, for a time, "Babe Ruth Stadium" in reference to the then-recently deceased Baltimore native. The rebuilt multi-sport stadium, when reconstruction (expansion to an upper deck) was completed in the summer of 1954, would become known as "Memorial Stadium". The stadium was also known as "The Old Gray Lady of 33rd Street", and also, for Colts games, as "The World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum."
This metal sign was attached to one of the blue and green Memorial Stadium street signs and flipped to show either the Orioles or Colts, depending on who was playing that day.
*** This lot only includes the white Orioles/Colts sign. The blue and green Memorial Stadium street sign is NOT included and is shown only to show the sign's original purpose ***